Who's who in Tennessee theater? Sometimes, without a program in your hand, it's difficult to know who's playing whom-hence, our newest feature: Hey, Jef, Here's My Headshot...featuring some of the Volunteer State's best-known-or soon-to-be-known all over the freakin' world-thespians. And have you ever wondered who the amazing photographers are who make them look so damn good? We're gonna tell ya...
Today's actor/subject/model is the beautiful and talented Katherine Sandoval Taylor, photographed by Gregory Byerline (whom you can contact via www.gregorybyerline.com).
Kaat will be playing the coveted role of Clara Johnson in Southern Appalachian Repertory Theatre's production of Adam Guettel's The Light In The Piazza later this year in Asheville, North Carolina (her hometown, where she's more likely to be called "Katie Sandoval," we've learned), followed up with her performance as "Young Heidi" in Follies in Concert for The First Night Honors in Nashville. You can keep up with the latest in Kaat's burgeoning career at her website: www.katherinesandovaltaylor.com and enjoy some of her past performances at www.youtube.com/user/bellamusica1127.
Among her credits:
- A Little Night Music, Anne, Southern Appalachian Rep. Theatre
- A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Philia, Southern Appalachian Rep. Theatre
- Camelot, Guenevere, Arts Center of Cannon County
- Pacific Overtures, Observer/Priest, Blackbird Theater
- Ragtime, Evelyn Nesbit, Street Theatre Company
- The King and I, Tuptim, Turtle Lane Playhouse
- The King and I, Anna (u/s), Turtle Lane Playhouse
- Fiddler On The Roof, Hodel, Arts Center of Cannon County
- The Sound of Music, Maria, Center for the Arts, Murfreesboro
- Camelot, Guenevere, Savoyard Light Opera Company
- My Fair Lady, Eliza, Needham Community Theatre